Villa Collection Rugs By Momeni
Machine Made of 100% Polypropylene Area Rug
Specifications of Villa Carpets
The Villa carpet is made in Turkey and 100% machine-made from polypropylene, making it suitable for indoor and outdoor use. Although it doesn't have any decorative fringes or extra features, the villa rug comes in several colors and has a thickness of ⅛".
Can I clean all my rugs the same way?
Not all rugs can be cleaned the same way. The first thing you should do when you want to clean a rug in your house is to check its care label. These labels give you an insight into how to clean the rug and what to avoid when cleaning. If you still aren’t sure or confident in how to care for it, it is recommended to contact a professional rug cleaner. Here's a quick rundown of how to wash most rugs:
- Gather your cleaning supplies - a soft towel, vacuum, a bucket, mild detergent, and water.
- Remove the dirt and debris from the rug by shaking off the dirt and vacuuming both sides.
- Mix your mild detergent with water and work it into a fine solution. Ensure you use cold or warm water when cleaning as hot water can shrink your rug and make the colors fade.
- Choose a corner of the rug and do a color testing before you wash the entire rug. If the colors in the corner don't bleed, you can proceed with the full cleaning.
- Use your soft towel to work the cleaning solution into the rug.
- Rinse the soap out of the rug with water.
- Fold the rug into an upright position to get rid of excess water. Next, use a wet-dry vacuum if you have one. But if you don't, spread your rug out on a surface so it can air dry, which can take several days depending on the thickness of the rug and the weather conditions.
While cleaning, the fibers and threads of your rugs can shrink or become compacted, but you can reverse this by running a vacuum over the dry rug. Once that's completed, you can return the rug to its place and enjoy the beauty of a freshly laundered area rug.
When should I clean my rugs?
Rugs are designed to cover up your vinyl flooring or flooring of any kind for a long time. So, they are designed to be efficient in that regard, and as such, you won’t need to clean your rug until it gets dirty. A number of factors like your lifestyle, what your rug is exposed to, and the type of rug you have will determine how often you should clean your rug. As a rule of thumb, you should get your rugs professionally cleaned every 12 - 24 months. However, you can go ahead with regular spot cleaning whenever you see stains.
How do I clean my Villa rug?
Polypropylene rugs are synthetic, but they also need special care. Use a neutral detergent like Dawn® dish detergent mixed with water and allow your rug to dry after washing. Do not use laundry detergent on your Villa carpet because the detergent will leave a residue and change the rug's color. You should also follow any specifications that the manufacturer has provided.
Can I vacuum my Villa collection rugs without washing them?
Yes, you can, but vacuuming shouldn’t be done too often. Take your rug outside and give it a good shake, but do not use your vacuum's beater bar on it. Once you've shaken off as much dirt as you can, use a vacuum to get rid of the rest of the dirt.
It’s important to keep in mind that you don't need to wash your rugs too often because they are designed to last, even with dust from foot traffic.
You're viewing 1-23 of 23 products